The right people make all the difference to business success. FirstIdea takes the guesswork out of hiring, promotions, and diversity and inclusion training. Our HR and psychology experts come alongside you with latest research and technology to ensure you make the best decisions.
Our custom services help you put the right people in the right positions.
To find the best-fit candidates who align with your culture and stay with your company over the long term, you need more than common interview questions and a resume. Our scientific process and hiring tools help you develop the right questions, while testing skills and behavior.
Great People Inside (GR8PI™) Platform
This exclusive, totally customizable next-gen online assessment tool evaluates personality, cognition, behaviors, values, and interests in order to reflect your unique hiring and performance management needs.
The First Step in Finding the Right Candidate
The first step in any great hire is defining the right role. At FirstIdea, we complete a comprehensive job analysis for each position, including responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics (KSAOs). We document “job-relatedness,” ensuring compliance with all Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) guidelines. Our rigorous process includes:
- Documentation review – We examine current and best-practice documentation, including input other consulting companies ignore.
- Meetings with subject matter experts – We work with a diverse group of SMEs to gather important information and performance requirements.
- Job analysis questionnaires – These address relevant tasks, as well as the KSAOs and required performance.
- Establish linkages – Our comprehensive analysis provides a wealth of information that can be used to provide a linkage between tasks and competencies.
- Job analysis report – We develop a thorough report that includes behaviors, tasks, measures of criticality, and more.
Ask Powerful & Revealing Questions
FirstIdea assists clients in developing the right combination of questions for oral interviews. An interview should be about more than getting to know a candidate before you hire them, it should be about uncovering their values, behavioral attributes, emotional intelligence, coachability, motivation, and more.
When you bring a candidate onboard, you want to make sure they will be the best choice for the position, but also that they are going to be successful long-term.
Our oral interview process assists you in position your organization for the highest level of success possible during the hiring process.
Predict Candidate Behavior
Assessment Centers – Our white-glove assessment center process is state-of-the art. We handle each step with the utmost quality and efficiency, including site selection and administration, assessor selection and training, candidate orientations, and scoring. In addition to live exams, candidates participate in a series of state-of-the-art, job-related exercises for an in-depth look at their knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics. All exercises are live in front of a panel of assessors, using exercises such as:
- Behavioral interviews
- Oral presentations
- Role play
- Incident command
Assessor selection: Because we work nationally, we have a vast number of well-trained assessors. We also take into consideration gender and ethnicity to ensure it reflects your candidate pool.
Hiring is equal parts science and art. Through extensive, reliable candidate assessments and exams, we supply the data you need to make the right hiring decisions. We offer both online and in-person exams and talent assessments throughout the United States – including customizable solutions and access to our extensive online assessment library. We also are pleased to offer GR8Pl – the world’s first fully customizable candidate assessment platform.
Written or Online
With written exams we can discover a candidate's knowledge, skills, personality, and behavior.
Written exams – FirstIdea has a reputation for providing challenging, yet fair and relevant, written examinations. A member of our staff works directly with you to develop a customized pre-hire test plan and robust, 100-question exams. We also are proud of our minimization of adverse impact. Our record in this area is second to none.
Online exams – FirstIdea offers an online solution for the administration of the written exams through our proprietary FirstIdea test center. This site is fully customizable with your material and exams, and is readily available at any time.
Diversity and Inclusion Training
FirstIdea, Inc knows that Diversity and Inclusion training is not a “test” of social acceptance that should be used to satisfy training requirements. But rather, our researched-based trainings take the following factors into consider:
Effective D&I Training results in:
- Responsiveness to a changing world and increased diversity
- Diversity can’t always be seen, but we can always take the time to hear it
- Diversity increases organizational innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion training makes for happier, more engaged and more productive employees
You should partner with us to provide your Diversity and Inclusion trainings because we:
- Create and develop customized culture assessments and change plans that enable your mission and vision — bringing them to life.
- Tailor candidate assessments, training materials, and evaluative processes to each client to address their unique challenges (and opportunities).
- Provide top-level service delivered by our senior level consultants with expertise in Diversity and Inclusion, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Culture Change Management, and HR consulting.